Friday, April 23, 2010

Translation

This is so difficult to translate public documents. Especially, I'm translating many reguratory documents, specifically saying policy, rule, standard, guideline, etc. These kind of documents includes very specific terms and idioms.

Additionally, there are many technical terms for financial or insurance companies, which are common words but include specific meanings, such as security for bonds, claim for insurance payment, etc.

I joined this company and now just used to the words in Japanese, and from now, I have to learn these words in English.

Memorizing these terms is so exciting, actually my interests for knowledge is very high. Hence now, I'm enjoying the current works.

A Japanese proverb says, ignorance is crime.

Also, a Chinese proverb says, knowing ignorance of yourself.

I know that there are so many things that I don't know, hear and experienced. I will continue learning during whole my life.

No comments: