Sunday, April 25, 2010

Charity Run

Today, I participated a charity run, which my company is one of the sponsors. This event is backed up with MAWJ, Make A Wish Japan, and the participation fee is donated to the children who has unfortunately no parents, etc.

In the event, I joined and run a 10 km run. There are many people who is working in the same company as me, and I know, but I have never talked with. So this time, it was very good chance for me to make some connection in my office.

Also, our president John have also participated and run 5 km. He was so fast runner that he made a goal in 22 minutes!

After the 5 km run, there was 10 km run, that I participated. I was very nervous that I could run through it, because these days, I couldn't make a time for running, and I have trained 10 km run for about 2 times. Additionally, many people except for me have run around the imperial palace, but it was the first time for me.

Once I started, I realized there are so long upward slope. First, I thought of downing my speed, but as I have trained, I kept my pace, and finally, I could finish it. The time was 45 minutes! My best score!

One of my colleague have also joined, he was almost athlete, and he completed the 10 km run in 37 minutes, even his condition was bad. After the run, I heard from him about how to make my run faster, and he advised many things.

My interest for running came to be bigger than ever, so I want to continue training, and I will to join more and more running event from now.

No comments: