Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bug or Specification

Today, I've revised a program that I've asked to implement.

At that time, I defined the spec and designed the structure, then implemented it.

Actually, the specification was very complexed, such as various input data and various exceptions.

Then, defined one input data, and implemented one procedure. Today, I was asked that the format of the input data was changed, and revise the program as following the change.

In particular, I implemented the procedure by abstracting, so the change was absolutely easy; just changed several parameters. But I found that the previous spec didn't match the previous test data. Is it the miss on design or implementation? I thought about it, but I couldn't find the reason, and of course, the program was approved by the user when I implemented it.

So amazing thing it is. Is it caused by midgets?

No comments: