Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cet difficile

Today, I did programming with VBA. This is not for my essential task, but helping the one of my colleague's tasks.

Just calculating is not difficult at all when you program. The difficult point and I'm not good at is the interface. Actually, there are many functions relevant to interface with VBA, because the task I'm trying to realize reals with excel spreadsheet. You cannot imagine which kind of bug occurs until you try to execute it. There are some specific things with spreadsheet, especially the displaying format.

Another thing that annoys me during programming is system call. Fortunatelly, I don't need system call function for today's program.

Additionally, one of the most important things with programming is to write it easy to understand, using comment, following coding rules, and naming rules. I've learned about the coding rule for java and C / C++, but not for VBA. I'll try to learn it when I have a time. As far as I know, there are not so many people who is strict to these kind of rules for VBA...

No comments: