Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excel

Today, I had a task with to utilize excel. There I had to compare two lists, which contains same names, but the way of writing is not perfectly the same. And my task is distinct it and choose the different between them.

It seems easy, but it wasn't, because the way of writing was more different than I had imagined. Also I'm now using excel 2000, there are no help to input functions when you input the function name.

When using the excel 2003 or later version, the software helps you to input the function with displaying the sample of parameters.

Finally I could finish my task, but I must make it easy because I'm going to pass this task to other team in the future. So I will try to make the process which I did today to a macro of the excel. It seems more and more difficult.... Sigh...

No comments: